Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I hope you all had a fabulous day. My day was pretty mellow, with a few drops of drama- for good measure I guess. It was pretty laid back with lots of yummy food!!


 When I got home I saw on FB the worst news of the day. Little 7 year old Max Nunn, lost his battle with cancer today. While we were all stuffing ourselves with food, the Nunn family was losing a member of the family. I cannot tell you the exact name of his cancer or how long he had been battling the cancer, but I can tell you -- he was an AMAZING, strong, adorable little guy, with the most wonderful parents in the world. I cannot even BEGIN to imagine what they were going through today. I was bawling when I read the news, and I had never met him in "real life" but somehow he touched my soul. He will be missed, but he will always be in my heart, and in the hearts of MANY MANY others he has touched. I pray for his family during this difficult time, I know he is in THE BEST PLACE possible with no more pain, no more meds, and most importantly NO MORE CANCER!!! If you have anyway of helping, Please STOP CHILDHOOD CANCER!!! No one should ever have to deal with this horrible, life-sucking disease.


~Being Thankful~
 *My Baby* As I am reminded just how precious and sometimes short life is, I am SO grateful for my wacky, crazy, spunky, smart, amazing daughter. She is healthy, a beautiful person inside and out; I cannot imagine what my life would be like without her. Her laughter is food to my soul.
*My Love* I am so so thankful that I have met my soul mate. He is so caring, understanding, supportive, loving, smart and goofy! He is always guaranteed to make me smile, even IF I do not want to!! LOL :) We might not always look lovey dovey and get along, but we always work it out. 
*My Family* I have a BIG, Giant family!!! Michael and I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters (not counting their wives/husbands, GFs or BFs), we have 9 nieces and nephews (who are of course adorable! lol), plus our Moms, Dads, Grandmas, Aunts, Uncles and even LOTS of cousins. 
*My Country* I am blessed to live in the USA. Some may not agree. We have freedoms and choices that I KNOW I would not be able to live without. The men and women who fight and serve this country will never know how grateful I am for what they are doing. They can never be fully repaid for their sacrifices. 
*My Friends* I have THE best friend in the country, even the world!! We have been friends since 1st grade, we know each other better than anyone else, and can usually tell what the other is thinking. I just wish we lived closer so we could hang out more. Then I have other friends that aren't as close, but still supportive and fun to be around. 
*Most of All* I am thankful for GOD. He is the reason I am so blessed. He has a plan and even though I do not know the plan, I trust in him; he will get me through and knows where I should be. 


Remember to BE THANKFUL everyday, not just on Thanksgiving. 
View Image

No comments:

Post a Comment