Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tim Holtz Style Tags

I am just starting to get into the whole TH phenomenon... I know, I know. A little late! Anyway, I've been playing with some of his Distress Inks & Distress Stickles ( I love, love love the Rock Candy!). Here are a couple of tags I made using his products and techniques (or sort-of lol). I've made about 8 or 10 of these so far, just playing with colors and stamps.

 For this tag I embossed the swirl design. I then used Cut-N-Dry to add ink, lightly at first then adding more as I went. I used some Ranger Liquid Pearls for "interest"... The heart stamps are from Close to My Heart, the Hope for Japan set, and the Bird is from Studio G, I think. I added Distress Stickles (Rock Candy) onto the bird to help it "pop" a bit more. Oh I also added some fiber I got from WM.


For this tag I added the ink to a non-stick surface (plastic package lol) then spritzed with water. I just "dipped" or smeared the tag into the inky water until the tag was covered. I then wrinkled the tag (scrunched it in a ball like you were tossing it in the trash), smoothed it back out a bit and lightly ran the ink pad across the ridges. (Hope that makes sense!) Spritzed a bit more water to let that ink run.. Smoothed out and let dry. I added the same stamps and Liquid pearls as before. Not sure where that flower stamp is from, probably Studio G.





small one

No comments:

Post a Comment